5 posts / 0 new
Last post
D4rKr0W
D4rKr0W's picture
Mounts

I think i'm going for this guy :P

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63039

Quote:
This mount (as said above many times) requires 200 Tol Barad Commendation to buy this mount. It also requires the buyer to be exalted with Baradin's Wardens. You can earn exalted by doing any of the quests listed in this achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, each gives the player either 250 or 350 reputation, before adding any reputation bonuses from humans and guild. To be more specific, all the quests that are found on Tol Barad, i.e. Svarnos or A Huge Problem give 350 reputation, while the ones from Tol Barad Peninsula (But not all as Shark Tank gives 350 and is from the Peninsula) give 250 rep each. That's the easy part, while then you need to earn the actual commendations. These are earned a multitude of ways, either from:

-Winning Tol Barad
-Doing the Tol Barad Dailies
-Doing the Tol Barad Peninsula Dailes
-Completing Victory in Tol Barad

Each Tol Barad win awards 3 Commendations, each weekly "Victory in Tol Barad" quest gives 3 commendations, while most of the Tol Barad and Tol Barad Peninsula quests give 1 commendation (Again Shark Tank is special, awarding 2 commendations) each. So with a guaranteed 6 quests per day (if you only do peninsula quests) it would take 34 days to reach 200 Commendations. If perhaps you wait for Tol Barad cap every day, but do not participate, you would be getting 12 per day (up to 18 if you go back and do all 9 different rotating Tol Barad quests) which would take 17 days (or 12 if you're getting really lucky). And then of course if you actually participate and win Tol Barad countless times and do all the quests, we'll say 3 for the sake of numbers here. You could be earning the Drake of the West Wind in 8 days.

Needless to say you will be earning Exalted with Baradin's Wardens before you hit 200 commendations. I myself was at 124 commendations when I hit exalted, so you'll be working some extra days after you get exalted with the Wardens. With that said, it's imperative that you DO NOT buy Baradin's Wardens Commendation as you are going to reach exalted far beyond when you gain the 200 commendations, and this would burn 10 of your commendations, which could be a whole day or more of farming that you don't want to do.

( from http://www.wowhead.com/item=63039#comments:id=1333207 )

atrox
atrox's picture
Re: Mounts

didnt know about this, i every thought that mount was impossible to get cos of the looooong farm, but this made my day sir!!

D4rKr0W
D4rKr0W's picture

The black drake should also be pretty easy to drop, apparently it's a 100% drop if you kill the boss of The Obsidian Sanctum with 3 adds still alive:
http://thottbot.com/item=43986

can we 4-man it tonight?

Giggles
Giggles's picture

i am always depressed with the rubbish flyers i have >:(, but yeah i have done that like 3 times and its easy as hell to burn that boss! O0

D4rKr0W
D4rKr0W's picture

Giggles wrote:
i am always depressed with the rubbish flyers i have >:(, but yeah i have done that like 3 times and its easy as hell to burn that boss! O0

Let's rape it tonight then! we can have a go next week and the week after that..

I want some dragons dood!